June 22, 2020
GOVERNOR STITT JOINS VICE PRESIDENT MIKE PENCE FOR ROUNDTABLE DISCUSSION ON RACE
TULSA (June 20, 2020)-- Governor Kevin Stitt today joined Vice President Mike Pence, Senator James Lankford, Executive Director of the White House Opportunity and Revitalization Council Scott Turner and Oklahoma faith and community leaders at the Tulsa Dream Center for a roundtable discussion and listening session on the recent unrest across the United States, as a result of George Floyd’s tragic death in Minneapolis.
"It’s a tremendous honor to have Vice President Pence in Oklahoma as we continue to engage in important conversations around race," said Governor Kevin Stitt. "The Bible says, “If one part suffers, every part suffers with it.” We value the Oklahoma Standard here in our state, and through listening, learning, and uniting as one, we’re going to lead the way as a state that’s willing to overcome our differences and work together to see change that delivers a better future for all."
The full list of participants at the roundtable discussion included:
- Vice President Mike Pence
- Governor Kevin Stitt
- Senator James Lankford
- Scott Turner, Executive Director of the White House Opportunity and Revitalization Council
- Pastor Aaron Johnson, Executive Director of the Tulsa Dream Center
- Pastor Calvin Battle, Destiny Center
- Dr. Paula Price, Congregation of the Mighty Ecclesial Embassy
- Pastor Philip Abode, Crossover Bible Church and Crossover Preparatory Academy
- Pastor Howard Hatcher, International Outreach Ministry and Training Center